Friday, April 27, 2012

4th of July Wreath


Okay so here's my "tutorial" on how to make a 4th of July Wreath. I have seen some similar and really wanted one, but the Wal-Mart by my house is small and they didnt have any of the foam circular wreath 'thingys' so insead I found a box and used it to make my wreath.

I used Red, White, and Blue Yarn, Matching Material that I found at Wal-Mart for $.97 each in the craft department. And a Box for Cardboard.
I used a plate to trace the outside of the circle...
and a bowl to trace the inside...
And you have the inner and outter rings...then just use sissors or an x-acto knift to cut it out.
I cut 3 strings of each color to wrap around the cardboard. After they are in that huge pile I separated them by color....

Wrap them around the cardboard one color at a time. I used a drop of hot glue in random places to hold it in place.

Once you're done it should look something like this..

Now time to add some Fabric Rosettes. If you've never done them here is a great Rosette Tutorial from Little Birdie Secrets

I also added a few Rhinestones and Viola!!! A pretty 4th of July Wreath.

HAPPY CRAFTING!


Peace, Luv, & Crafting


No comments:

Post a Comment